Tuesday, 26 February 2013

I can't think of a heading

Last night, I lay awake for some time, thanks to being sick. I came across the thought of how I can make a post more interesting by its intro only. How a about a poorly written, shamelessly short poem?

Tribal - surely anything but idle.
Army - not the kind that you’d see on Barbie.
Faux leather - handy for every season, any weather.
High waisted short… yeah I got nothin’

So anyways, are you in need of a pre or mid-autumn look? I got the amazing opportunity to shoot with stunning garments from the one (and only) The Lot; a contemporary fashion retailer, with the taste for anything daring, trendy and fierce.

I paired a tribal print jersey with a high waisted black short, some black army boots, a cool and casual rounded sunnie, a cute leather bag and a striking thunder ring. (When I reread this sentence I literally feel out of breath) I find autumn and spring difficult, as I never, ever know what to wear during those seasons. It’s both hot and cold, and a quick wardrobe change would not provide a happy camper.

A sweater can definitely be too hot for summer, which makes it a good choice for a season like autumn or spring. An army boot is always fun to play around with. I find it quite versatile. Accessorizing has always been fun, and it, obviously, adds that little extra something.

I have another outfit or two on its way, stocked by none other than The Lot. Their charming little store in Stellenbosch was too kind by helping. My model and I only had under an hour to shoot, so we took the streets and BAM! we photographed, not caring what the gawking pedestrians thought.

All in all, I think this outfit is a winner. I’ll probably be back at the store. They received new stock (winning) and it’s something I’d urge all you fashionable kids to check out.

Before I end this post, The Lot has a website from where you can buy online - http://ilovethelot.com/ yep. It’s that cool.












Mia Uys

 Hold up! If you have twitter, which I bet you do, follow me (if you want to?) 

@moniquelerouxff

how awesome is it that I just made another rhyme. 

6 comments:

  1. really love your sweater :D

    take a look please
    http://lavieduvalentine.blogspot.com.es/

    Andrea
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweater!

    xxx
    Jessi

    longleggedlady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice prints on your sweater dear! :)
    By the way, replied once more to your IFB. :)
    Hope to hear from you again soon!
    Hope you can visit me again dear :)

    ★♡ Celebrity Style at the Oscars (^_^) ♡★
    Featuring eFoxCity Accessories - A Product / Shop Review

    ❤ ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ChaiChenPage

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! Your blog is awesome, so glad I found it! Great post. I love the sweater with those shorts! And your hair. No comment there. ;)...it's amazing!

    Hope you come stop by my blog sometime! Maybe we could follow each other??

    xo
    Emily
    The Rancher's Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your 'tribal!' You many enjoy the post I did today with a Native American Squash Blossom necklace - http://kholaskloset.blogspot.com/2013/03/history-in-style.html

    Enjoyed your blog too!

    ReplyDelete