Thursday, 7 March 2013

Plain is the new Perfect


 Plain is the new Perfect

I usually overthink everything that I wear. It’s a disease, honestly. I could take up to an hour, even more, when getting ready for an outing. It’s because I don’t have any effortless, simple pieces that would be ready to throw on easily.

This blue polka dot dress is an example of such a garment. It’s good enough on its own; it’s flattering and quite charming. This dress is yet another garment from Boost Surf Shop in Stellenbosch and can be worn for a lot of different occasions. 

What I like most about the setting of these pictures, is that I shot it in the middle of the day, in the streets of my village, Stellenbosch. It's funny to see the different facial expressions from the residents, as it's obviously not something they see every day. The best part has to be the fact that some of the locals are more than willing to pose with! This was shot the same day as the other outfit from the same store, a post or two back. I have another outfit coming up, so keep an eye out!







3 comments:

  1. I have to agree! Sometimes, I can be a real turtle getting ready, just trying to figure out what to wear. When I shop, I try to shop for wearable prints/patterns that can be easily paired casually or work friendly. This dress is adorable on you though and you look lovely in your photos! :)

    - Christine
    www.petitehues.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, wonderful pictures! i agree with you :> sometimes it can be hard, finding out what to wear.
    i like your dress, suits you!
    great blog:)
    www.rot-schopf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress, loving the images, too!!

    ReplyDelete